When considering of upgrading your factory radio, you may take some factors into consideration, like price, features, sound quality, design, installation, and so on. If you want to have higher performance in your new 2003-2011 Porsche Cayenne radio, you need to pay more for that accordingly. In this case, you may worry about the unaffordable price. However, there are always ways for you to make things better. As far as the upgrading of a car stereo, the installation can help you save money from the high budget.
In most cases, the new car stereo is plug and play and the installation is quite easy. If you have the detailed guide about the installation and have some related knowledge on this, you can install it on your own. In this way, you can save a lot from the installation fees. For your reference, the following is the step-by-step instructions on how to install a 2003-2011 Porsche Cayenne radio.
Precautions before the removal and the installation:
1) Please park your car well and disconnect the negative cable of the battery for your safety.
2) Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
The step-by-step instruction on how to remove and install a 2003-2011 Porsche Cayenne radio is as follows.
- Pry out the trim piece along the perimeter of the center dashboard with a lever.
- Remove 2 screws holding the stereo in the dashboard frame (green arrows). Please note that there will be four screws in the cars with navigation.
- Carefully take the factory stereo out of the dash. When removing the factory radio, please note that there are two locking tabs on the lower tray that can break easily.
- Here is a close-up of the underside of the stereo. These two plastic fingers (green arrows) fit into the tabs on the top edge of the lower tray.
- Press the tab (green arrow) on the antenna lead and pull it out of the stereo.
- Pull out the connectors at the back of the stereo (green arrows). Note that some cars may have different setups based on the vehicle’s different years.
- Connect the cables of the new Seicane car stereo according to the guidance of the user manual.
- Connect the connectors and the antenna at the back of the new radio.
- Put the new Seicane car stereo back into the dash.
- Install two screws and trim piece.
- Turn on the new radio and have a comprehensive test.
Wish the above guide can be helpful for you to install a new 2003-2011 Porsche Cayenne radio. If you have any questions, it’s suggested to turn to your dealer for help. One thing should arouse your attention is that you need to make sure you have a right car radio which can fit your 2003-2011 Porsche Cayenne without any gap. Here I’d like to share an up-to-date car stereo from Seicane for you:
This 2003-2011 Porsche Cayenne radio of high performance is equipped with a Quad-core RK3188 1.6 GHz Cortex A9 CPU and an advanced Android 4.4.4 operation system. What is worth mentioning of this radio is that it can support the optic fiber decoder. The installation of the decoder is very easy and is just plug and play. If your car comes with optic fiber Bose and the year is 2005-2011, this decoder can be installed into your car to support your original car’s optic fiber Bose system, and the sound is in high quality. On the other hand, if your car comes without optic fiber Bose system, then this unit is very easy to install and is plug and play.
The latest GPS navigation system is built in this unit to provide lane assist, route planning, millions of POIs, turn-by-turn direction and voice prompts for you to arrive at a number of locations. By easily linking with your bluetooth-enabled mobile phone, you can enjoy the hands-free calling convenience and music streaming pleasure on the way. You can also add a rearview camera to get 360 degree view all round view for your easier parking. Take this 2003-2011 Porsche Cayenne radio with you and start a different driving from now on!