Sometimes a little change can bring great difference. As for cars, a head unit can do that. As the major entertainment center in a car, an amazing head unit plays a really important role. To get a better driving experience, you can replace your factory radio with a brand new one. If you have the same dashboard as that shown in the following which is a popular 2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz ML CLASS W164 W166 head unit from Seicane, you can follow the installation guide below.
Tips about the installation:
- Please disconnect the power before the installation.
- Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
- Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz ML CLASS W164 W166 head unit installation guide
- Pry out the air conditioner panel along gap with a lever.
- Remove the air conditioner panel.
- Remove two screws holding the stereo in the dashboard frame with a screwdriver.
- Pull the buckles down.
- Carefully take the original CD player out of the dashboard.
- Disconnect the ISO plug of the car in the socket of the DVD player.
- Connect the cables of the new Seicane head unit as the user manual shows.
- Connect the ISO plug.
- Put the new Seicane head unit back into the dash.
- Put the buckles back into its original place.
- Install two screws and the air conditioner panel.
- Turn on the new Seicane head unit and have a comprehensive test if everything works well.
Please don’t pull out the GPS SD card with the power on in case of data corruption.
Installation tips for the GPS antenna.
Please don’t shorten or lengthen the GPS antenna to avoid a short circuit or antenna problems. Please place the antenna on the dashboard or on the roof of the car in a horizontal position as best as possible. If there if any film on the windows and heat insulation in the car, it may have a direct effect on the GPS antenna, like positioning precision and signal intensity.
Above all, please make clear every step before you start to install. If you find it too difficult for you to do it on your own, please do ask a professional for help. Or incorrect installation may cause unexpected damage. You may encounter some problems during the whole process, you can ask your dealer for help.
You need to find a suitable unit for your car. If you are still looking for one, you can refer to an attractive 2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz ML CLASS W164 W166 head unit from Seicane, you are welcome to click:
This Mercedes-Benz ML CLASS W164 W166 head unit comes with a large 7 inch 800*480 touch screen to simplify the operation. With the built-in WIFI, you can get access to massive online information and thousands of apps for your convenience in your vehicle as long as you can connect with a WIFI hotspot.
Providing lane assist, landmark display, 3D street view, route planning, turn-by-turn direction and voice prompts, this GPS navigation system is an ideal road companion for you to reach your destination. You can also wirelessly pair with your enabled mobile phone to stream music and make and receive phone calls without taking your hands off the steering wheel control to keep safer during the driving.
What’s more, this unit can support an optic fiber decoder which can keep your factory car’s optic fiber and all the speakers still work after installing this head unit. If your car is from 2005 to 2012, the you can easily install this decoder in your car. And the sound quality is quite high.
Go on all your trips with this remarkable Mercedes-Benz ML CLASS W164 W166 head unit, you’ll definitely love all the way while you are driving!