For each car driver, a comfortable in-car environment means a lot. In order to improve the car interior environment, more and more car owners try to replace their factory radio with a new aftermarket head unit. It’ s actually a great way. If you also have such a play, then a detailed installation guide can be helpful for you. Please look at the following link, which is about a modern 2005 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-W209 head unit from Seicane, if you have the same dashboard, you can read the following Mercedes-Benz CLK-W209 head unit installation instruction as a reference.
- Please disconnect the power before the installation.
- Please prepare unlock tools r before the removal and the installation.
- Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
2005 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-W209 head unit installation guide
- The original dashboard.
- Use a lever to release the decoration panel and remove the cigarette lighter.
- Remove two screws under the 6-disc CD changer and take out the CD changer.
- Remove the two screws marked with red arrows and pull out the CD player.
- Connect the cables in the package.
a. Connect with the power cable in the car.
b. Socket for the speaker cable plug in the car.
c. Connect CAN-H, CAN-L with CAN-BUS
d. Connect CAN-TX.
- Remove the baffle-plate under the assistant driver seat, connect the CAN-H, CAN-L cable (green)③ with the CAN-BUS socket marked in the picture.
- Pry the decoration panel beside the driver’s seat, change fuse from 5A TO 10A.
- Remove the screws for fastening the car pc in the left of the trunk.
- Find the amplifier in the left of the trunk and remove the four screws marked with red arrows.
- Remove the amplifier in the car.
- Connect the speaker cable with the speaker socket ②.
- Turn on the new Seicane head unit to have a careful check if everything works well.
That’s all the installation instruction for a 2005 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-W209 head unit. If you have any questions during the whole process, you can seek help from your dealer or a professional. However, if you find it too hard for you to install the new head unit, you’d better ask a professional to install it or you can go to a head unit upgrade center.
What’s more, it’s necessary for you to make sure you have a right head unit for your car. If you don’t have one, I’d like to recommend an amazing 2005 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-W209 head unit from Seicane to you. For more details, you are welcome to click:
What attracts most car owners in this Mercedes-Benz CLK-W209 head unit is that it can support an optic fiber. If your car is made from 2002 to 2012 and comes with a fiber optic Harmon Kardon sound system, then you can add an optic fiber decoder to keep your optic fiber Harmon Kardon sound system and all your original car’s speakers working after installation. And the sound quality is quite high. It’s easy to install this decoder. And it’s just plug and play.
This unit comes with a powerful GPS navigation system, so you can get lane assist, 3D street view, landmark display, route planning, voice prompts and turn-by-turn direction to reach a variety of locations. To simply pair your enabled mobile phone with this unit via Bluetooth technology, you can dial and receive phone calls without taking your hands off your steering wheel control as well as stream wireless media for relaxation.
Just install this amazing Mercedes-Benz CLK-W209 head unit in your car and enjoy a relaxing and comfortable driving experience from now on!