Firstly shows you the latest 2006-2012 Chevy Chevrolet Captiva head unit from Seicane after installation. If you find it the same with or similar to your dashboard, then this article will must do great help for you.
To install a new car radio, many car owners would directly go to a car stereo upgrade center or ask a professional technician for help. Few of them know it can also be installed on their own with easy steps. Some car owners have demonstrated installing a new car radio with great success by themselves. If you have some related installation experience, you can also do it on your own with a correct installation guide. And the detailed installation instructions for a 2006-2012 Chevy Chevrolet Captiva head unit is great for you to follow.
Here are some tips for you before the installation:
- Please apply the parking brake and remove the negative cable on the vehicle battery before the removal to ensure safety.
- A lever and a screwdriver need to be prepared before the installation.
2006-2012 Chevy Chevrolet Captiva head unit installation guide
- Remove the trim panel. There are several parts of the trim panel. You should remove them one by one. First remove the trim panel which is around the screen. Then, remove the trim panel which is next to the CD player. Remove the screws on the trim panel before you pry it from the dashboard. And put them away and keep every part well so that you can install them back to the original place perfectly.
- Unscrew the screws on the units and put them away.
- Take the original radio out of the dash.
4.Disconnect the connectors at the back of the original radio.
- Install the new Seicane unit. The installations of different units are different. You should refer to the installation instruction from the dealer and connect the new Seicane unit to the original wiring harness. If it needs a wiring harness adaptor, connect the adaptor to the original wiring harness first, then, connect the adaptor to the new Seicane unit.
6. Turn on the new Seicane unit and test it. Connect the negative cable on the battery and turn on the new Seicane unit to test all the functions in it. If everything’s good, fix the screen by putting it hard to the dashboard and fix the DVD player with screws.
- Install the trim panel. Install the trim panel which was next to the CD player before back to its original place.
The above is the whole removal and installation for a 2006-2012 Chevy Chevrolet Captiva head unit, wish it can help you. Before the installation, it’s strongly suggested you make clear about every step of the whole procedure. If you have any questions, you can ask your dealer or a professional for help.
You also need to make confirmation that your new head unit can fit your car. If you don’t find an ideal one, I’d like to share a great Chevy Chevrolet Captiva head unit from Seicane with you, please click:
This modern Chevy Chevrolet Captiva head unit comes with a large 7 inch 1024*600 multi-touch screen, which makes you watch the videos and movies easier and more clearly. Utilize its precise GPS navigation system to arrive at your destination on time and stress freely. You can count on the built-in Bluetooth to have hand-free calls and stream music for security and relaxation. The standard radio with 18 FM channels and 12 AM channels preset allows you to listen to your favorite station on the way.
Enjoy your trips in your car with this magic Chevy Chevrolet Captiva head unit, it’s time now!