Nowadays, to improve the in-car life and have an exciting driving experience, to replace the factory radio with a new car stereo is quite a good choice and more and more car owners are doing so. To make your upgrading successful, you can read this article carefully to get a general idea about how to install a new car stereo. If you are a car owner of 2004-2011 Mercedes Benz CLS Class W219 and have the similar dashboard to the picture below which is a Seicane 2004-2011 Mercedes Benz CLS Class W219 car stereo after installation, you can follow the below installation steps.
Some tips before the installation:
- Please disconnect the power before the installation.
- Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
- Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
2004-2011 Mercedes Benz CLS Class W219 car stereo installation guide
- The original dashboard.
- Use a lever to release the decoration panel and remove the cigarette lighter.
- Remove two screws under the 6-disc CD changer and take out the CD changer.
- Remove the two screws marked with red arrows and pull out the CD player.
5. Connect the cables in the package.
a. Connect with the power cable in the car.
b. Socket for the speaker cable plug in the car.
c. Connect CAN-H, CAN-L with CAN-BUS
d. Connect CAN-TX.
- Remove the baffle-plate under the assistant driver seat, connect the CAN-H, CAN-L cable (green)③ with the CAN-BUS socket marked in the picture.
- Pry the decoration panel beside the driver’s seat, change fuse from 5A TO 10A.
- Remove the screws for fastening the car pc in the left of the trunk.
- Find the amplifier in the left of the trunk and remove the four screws marked with red
- Remove the amplifier in the car.
- Connect the speaker cable with the speaker socket ②.
- Turn on the new Seicane car stereo to have a careful check if everything works well.
The above is all the instruction for a new Mercedes Benz CLS Class W219 car stereo. Wish it can be helpful for you if you are going to install it on your own. If you find the above dashboard is different from yours, please don’t worry, it’s normal that dashboard varies from year to year. But the installation is similar, and it won’t have much impact on the installation.
To have a satisfying upgrading, you need to have a suitable car stereo which can perfectly fit your car at first. If you don’t have one, I’d like to recommend a great Mercedes Benz CLS Class W219 car stereo from Seicane to you
This Mercedes Benz CLS Class W219 car stereo is upgraded with a great deal of the hardware and software components, and can support a wide range of features like GPS navigation, DVD/CD player, Bluetooth connectivity, iPod, FM/AM radio, WIFI, USB and SD card connection, etc.
The most helpful information such as current location, speed, mileage, landmark building display, turn-by-turn voice directions can be provided by the built-in GPS system to let you easily get to the destination.
The Bluetooth technology makes it easier for you to have hands-free calls and stream music. You can also connect USB devices or an SD card to have more choices to enjoy yourself and your passengers.
Just relax yourself on all trips with this wonderful Mercedes Benz CLS Class W219 car stereo!