To install a new head unit in you car, you can go to a car radio upgrade center to have it installed or ask a professional for help. If you have experience on it, you can also achieve the installation on your own. Either way you choose, a professional guide can be much helpful. Now I’d like to share a step-by-step 2005-2010 Skoda OCTAVIA III head unit installation guide from Seicane with you. Wish you can get some help from it.
Before and during installation, you should notice:
1.Before connecting, please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
2.Ensure connect the yellow and red power cable at last.
3.Ensure that all loose wires are isolated with electrical tape
4.Ensure don’t tangle the wire when tighten the moving parts(Such as seat rails).
5.Ensure that all ground is connected to the same place.
6.Using the improper fuse may cause damage of fire, so when replace the fuse, please consult the professional.
7.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2005-2010 Skoda OCTAVIA III head unit installation guide
1. Remove the top panel with a lever.
2. Disconnect the connector at the back of the panel.
3. Unscrew the screw with a screwdriver.
4. Remove the metal sheet on the top with your hands.
5. Unscrew two screws circled in red shown as follows under the metal sheet.
6. Remove the air conditioner vent with your hands.
7. Unscrew two screws under the vent with a screwdriver.
8. Remove the panel on the original car radio.
9. Unscrew four screws holding the original car radio with a screwdriver.
10. Take the original car radio out of the dash.
11. Disconnect all the connectors at the back of the original car radio.
12. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane head unit.
13. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane head unit.
14. Connect the Seicane head unit to your original car radio ‘s plugs.
15. Turn on the new Seicane head unit to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
16. Put the new Seicane head unit into the dash.
17. Put everything into their original place.
The installation guide is quite easy to understand, isn’t it? So can you install this 2005-2010 Skoda OCTAVIA III head unit in your car? If not, it’s suggested you consult your dealer. Or you can also directly have a professional install it.
If you haven’t found an ideal head unit for your car, you can refer to this great 2005-2010 Skoda OCTAVIA III head unit from Seicane. It comes with the latest features and capabilities for you to upgrade your factory radio. For more details, you can click:
With this Skoda OCTAVIA III head unit in your car, its latest GPS navigation system can provide your current location, 3D street view, landmark display, millions of points of interests(POIs), route planning, turn-by-turn direction, voice prompts, you are able to reach your destination easily with these traffic information. To help you park easily, this unit supports a rearview camera to be optionally connected. Just take it and go with great fun!