Finding out what the exact problem of your factory radio is and having it fixed to match your desired expectation is not always easy. To upgrade your factory radio with a new head unit is actually the most cost-effective way to enjoy the most advanced capabilities of a car stereo. If you have a 2002 2003 Chrysler Durango, then a new modern Chrysler Durango head unit can absolutely brings a brand-new driving experience.
Before the upgrading, the installation of a new car head unit may be one of the concerns that may bother you. As a matter of fact, most of the new head units are easy to install, some car owners with related experience can even finish the installation by themselves. For those who haven’t installed a head unit before, you can go for a car stereo upgrading center to have it installed or ask a professional technician for help directly. If you are going to install it at your home, the following guide on the installation of a 2002 2003 Chrysler Durango head unit can do some help for you.
Precautions before the installation:
- Please disconnect the negative cable of the battery for your safety.
- Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the installation.
The below is the step-by-step instruction on how to upgrade a 2002 2003 Chrysler Durango head unit.
- Remove the trim piece above cup holder with a lever.
- Remove 2 screws behind the trim piece.
- Gently pry around the side of trim panel with the lever and then remove the trim panel.
- Remove 4 screws which holds the factory radio in place.
- Take out the factory radio.
- Disconnect the smaller harness on the behind of the factory radio.
- Connect the cables of the new Seicane car stereo according to the guidance of the user manual.
- Connect the smaller harness at the back of the new radio.
- Put the new Seicane car stereo back into the dash.
- Install four screws and trim panel.
- Install 2 screws behind the trim piece and the trim piece.
- Turn on the new radio and have a comprehensive test.
Hopefully the above instructions will be useful for you when you are installing a new Chrysler Durango head unit by yourself. If you have any further questions, it’s highly suggested that you turn to your dealer for help. A wiring diagram from him may be helpful to some extent.
To upgrade the factory radio with great satisfaction, the first and the foremost thing is to have an ideal head unit. If you don’t have one now, I’d like to share an excellent 2002 2003 Chrysler Durango head unit with high-performance and affordable price from Seicane:
Specially built for 2002 2003 Chrysler Durango, you can simply turn on the GPS button to get access to the text-to-speech guidance to get to your destination. The compatibility of a number of audio and video formats let you play DVDs, CDs, VCDs, Ipod, bluetooth music, TV, drama, etc. to keep your journey filling with fun and enjoyment. Thanks to the most advanced Bluetooth module, you can get hands-free calling convenience and stream music to relax on a long and tiresome trip. Just keep safe and entertained with this fantastic 2002 2003 Chrysler Durango head unit on all your way later on!