Does your factory radio sometimes let you down due to the malfunction caused by a long-period use? If your answer is yes, then it’s time for you to replace it with a modern Jeep Compass aftermarket radio which comes with DVD player GPS navigation system and bluetooth. Some of the car owners may not go further for the reason that they are afraid the complicated installation might be a big problem for them to solve. In fact, since that you don’t have to modify or cut any wire of your car, the installation is quite simple if you have the correct guide and kits.
Even though the installation is a quite easy job, it’s wise of you to do it with the help of a professional if you don’t have any experience on it. Incorrect installation may cause some unexpected damage to your car or the new radio. The following is the step-by-step instructions for you to have a reference.
To ensure security, please disconnect the negative cable on the vehicle battery before the installation. Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver for the removal and installation. Please protect the front seats and trim panel during the whole process.
The below is the detailed instructions on how to replace a 2009 2010 2011 Jeep Compass aftermarket radio:
- Remove the cover on the shift gear with a lever. You may need to move the gear and pry the cover for several times so that it can be loosened.
- Remove the screws at the bottom of the trim panel with a screwdriver.
- Loosen the trim panel with a lever and your hands as the picture shows.
- Pry the top piece of the trim panel and take it off.
- Remove two more screws at the top of the trim panel.
- Take the trim panel apart from the dashboard.
- Remove the original radio. There are four screws which are holding the radio. Remove them and take the radio out of the dash by disconnecting the wire harness at the back of it.
- Connect the new unit to the original wire harness as the user manual shows
- Turn on the new radio and test it. If everything’s good, you can fix it and install the trim panel back to the dashboard.
However, there may be some differences among Jeep Compass cars for different years. It is suggested that you seek help or get a detailed instruction from the dealer if you have some questions on how to install a new head unit.
It’s quite important that you have a right radio for your 2009-2011 Jeep Compass. If you are unsure which head unit can fit your car, please refer to the following link which is an amazing Jeep Compass aftermarket radio with GPS DVD bluetooth functions.
This remarkable WINCE 6.0 CORE GPS DVD player with bluetooth can work with 2009 2010 2011 Jeep Compass. The accurate guidance and voice prompts provided by the GPS system can guide you to a wide range of locations within the least time. The region-free DVD disk player allowing all DVDs from all over the world must greatly enrich your driving. As long as you have a mobile phone with bluetooth, you are able to pair it with this unit to make and receive calls without taking your hands off the steering wheel control and stream music at the same time. In this way, a safe and pleasant driving is always with you and your passengers.
Wish you enjoy your upgrade and have a pleasant experience with the new Jeep Compass aftermarket radio!