A guide is usually helpful in many ways. If you are going to replace your factory radio, a detailed car radio installation guide can help you easily install a new radio in your car. The following is a step-by-step installation instruction from Seicane specially for a 1998-2005 Mercedes Benz S Class car stereo. If you are a car owner of a 1998-2005 Mercedes Benz S Class, you can take it as a reference.
Some tips before the installation:
1.Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2.Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3.Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
1998-2005 Mercedes Benz S Class car stereo installation guide
1. The original car radio.
2 .Set the parking brake and shift to a lower gear to allow the brake disc to open up.
3.Remove one screw on the right of the brake disc. Then remove the other screw on the left in the same way. After that, pull out the brake disc.
4. Pry the edges of the panel along the sides with a lever, and remove the panel.
5. Remove four screws holding the original radio in the dashboard with a screwdriver.
6. Take the original radio out of the dashboard.
7. Disconnect the connector at the back of the original radio.
8. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car stereo.
9. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car stereo.
10. Connect the Seicane car stereo to your original car radio ‘s plugs.
11. Turn on the new Seicane stereo to carefully check if everything works well.
12. Put the new Seicane stereo back into the dashboard.
13. Install all screws and the panel into their original place. And put back the brake disc.
In a word, you need to make clear about every step before you start to install this 1998-2005 Mercedes Benz S Class car stereo in your car. If there is any question, you can seek help from your dealer. If you don’t have any experience on the installation, it’s strongly suggested you ask a professional to install your new unit.
If you are still looking for a suitable head unit for your car, I’d like to recommend a top 1998-2005 Mercedes Benz S Class car stereo from Seicane to you. Please click for more details:
With a large 9 inch 1024*600 multi-touch screen to simplify the operation and improve the viewing quality, this great 1998-2005 Mercedes Benz S Class car stereo is an ideal choice for you to upgrade your factory radio. Now take it and have great fun with it!