The following picture shows an attractive 1996-2003 BMW 5 E39 car stereo from Seicane after installation, which comes with a large number of practical and entertainment features for you to replace your factory radio. If you are going to upgrade your car radio with such a multifunctional head unit, you can refer to this article for help with the installation. If you have some related experience on the installation, you can install a new head unit in your car on your own with the below 1996-2003 BMW 5 E39 car stereo installation guide.
Tips about the installation:
- Please disconnect the power before the installation.
- Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
- Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
The following is the step-by-step installation guide of the 1996-2003 BMW 5 E39 car stereo:
- The original dashboard.
- Use a plastic trim tool to remove trim strip.
- Remove screws marked by red arrows.
- Take out original DVD player of the car.
- Pull out original power plug of the car.
- Connect the power cables as the picture shows.
- Remove screws in the spare tire in the trunk.
- Take out the spare tire.
- Remove four screws marked with red arrows.
- Remove screws in triangle crutch.
- Take out triangle crutch.
- Connect original plug of the car with power plug of DVD GPS.
- Connect the new Seicane car stereo to the original wiring harness as the user manual or the wiring diagram shows.
- Turn on the new Seicane car stereo to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
- Put the new Seicane car stereo into the dash and install the four screws.
- Install the trim panel into its original place.
Please don’t pull out the GPS SD card with the power on in case of data corruption.
Installation tips for the GPS antenna.
Please don’t shorten or lengthen the GPS antenna to avoid a short circuit or antenna problems. Please place the antenna on the dashboard or on the roof of the car in a horizontal position as best as possible. If there if any film on the windows and heat insulation in the car, it may have a direct effect on the GPS antenna, like positioning precision and signal intensity.
Wish you can upgrade your car stereo with great success. Before you start your installation, you need to make confirmation that you have a right car stereo which can be compatible with you car. The following link is an excellent car stereo from Seicane specially for 1996-2003 BMW 5 E39 car stereo for you as a reference:
Equipped with a powerful RK3188 1.6 GHz Cortex A9 Quad-core processor, the ability to process the sophisticated database and videos is greatly enhanced. You can be led to any unfamiliar locations with accurate directions and voice prompts. A lot of fun and enjoyment is also available by playing videos, your favorite music, TV programs, etc.
Just install this amazing 1996-2003 BMW 5 E39 car stereo in your car and enjoy your wonderful trips from now on!