Driving your beloved Benz Mercedes freely just as it was the king of the road will make you fill with great pleasure, doesn’t it? In fact, adding an amazing modern car radio in your car to enjoy your favorite music as well as get more convenience during your journey will make it much cooler than that. So here comes the question: is it hard to install a new 2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz ML CLASS W164 W166 radio in my car? And how to install?
As a matter of fact, the installation of a new car radio is usually quite easy, especially when the special wiring harness comes with the new radio, things will become much easier. To help you with your replacement, the following is the detailed guide about a 2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz ML CLASS W164 W166 radio for you as a reference.
Tips about the installation:
- Please disconnect the power before the installation.
- Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
- Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
The below is the step-by-step instruction on how to install a 2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz ML CLASS W164 W166 radio:
- Pry out the air conditioner panel along gap with a lever.
- Remove the air conditioner panel.
- Remove two screws holding the stereo in the dashboard frame with a screwdriver.
- Pull the buckles down.
- Carefully take the original CD player out of the dashboard.
- Disconnect the ISO plug of the car in the socket of the DVD player.
- Connect the cables of the new Seicane radio as the user manual shows.
- Connect the ISO plug.
- Put the new Seicane radio back into the dash.
- Put the buckles back into its original place.
- Install two screws and the air conditioner panel.
- Turn on the new Seicane radio and have a comprehensive test if everything works well.
Please don’t pull out the GPS SD card with the power on in case of data corruption.
Installation tips for the GPS antenna.
Please don’t shorten or lengthen the GPS antenna to avoid a short circuit or antenna problems. Please place the antenna on the dashboard or on the roof of the car in a horizontal position as best as possible. If there if any film on the windows and heat insulation in the car, it may have a direct effect on the GPS antenna, like positioning precision and signal intensity.
Only that a splendid vehicle should match with a brilliant car radio can bring you a fantastic experience on your journey. If you haven’t found a suitable 2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz ML CLASS W164 W166 radio for your vehicle, I’d recommend the following unit from a professional car stereo supplier named Seicane to you:
This 2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz ML CLASS W164 W166 radio based on the WINCE 6.0 CORE operating system comes with a number of practical features for you to upgrade your factory radio, which includes GPS navigation, DVD player, Bluetooth connectivity, FM/AM radio, TV, AUX, USB and SD card connection, etc. You are enabled to get to your destination easily with the most accurate directions of the GPS system. To connect your bluetooth-enabled cell phone with this unit, hands-free calls and streaming audio are available for you to have a safe and happy journey. The functions of the steering wheel control will still remain after its installation.
What’s worth most mentioning is that this unit can support a optic fiber decoder. If your car has optic fiber amplifier located under the main or assistant driver’s seat, or if your car comes with optic fiber Harmon Kardon system, you can choose the decoder to make your factory car’s optic fiber and all the speakers still work after installing this radio. The decoder is just plug and play and easy to install. The detailed instruction on the decoder installation will also be given to you. By the way, if your car doesn’t come with optic fiber amplifier, this 2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz ML CLASS W164 W166 radio is plug and play.
Best wishes for you and Good luck!