Today, more and more people become owners of Ford Focus MK2, and it’s really a good choice for most of us. The original radio of Focus MK2 has few functions, and it can not meets all needs of us. So, the wisdom choice is remove it and install a new aftermarket Ford Focus MK2 Radio with many useful functions. Here are some instructions for you.
This is the Seicane radio after installation of 2004-2011 Ford Focus MK2.
2004-2011 Ford Focus MK2 Radio installation
1）Connect a memory saver unit to your Ford Focus MK2 according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Open the hood. Loosen the negative battery cable terminal, using a battery wrench. Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery.
2) Set four radio removal tools in the radio.
3) Then pull out the radio with radio removal tools.
4) Disconnect the wiring harnesses behind the radio.
5)Before connecting,please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
6)Make antennas and cables connected step by step as installation instructions show,and you should be very careful when you are doing this for it will affect whole procedure.
7)Connected the new aftermarket radio to Ford Focus MK2, I’d like to advice you checking your connections are correct,the new unit is in right position,and you’d better have a tidy for the cables.
8)If everything is OK, make trim panel back on your new unit.
- Before connecting,please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
- Ensure connect the yellow and red power cable at last.
- Ensure that all loose wires are isolated with electrical tape
- Ensure don’t tangle the wire when tighten the moving parts(Such as seat rails).
- Ensure that all ground is connected to the same place.
- Using the improper fuse may cause damage of fire,so when replace the fuse, please consult the professional.
By the way, do you have a good aftermarket radio for your Ford Focus MK2? If you haven’t bought it, I’d like to share a good aftermarket Ford Focus MK2 Radio with you:
Take the capabilities of your car radio to next level with this high-end car stereo specially built for 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Ford Focus MK2. It can support more than 60 OSD languages such as Russian, English, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, Dutch, Turkish, Swedish, etc. The GPS navigation system of high precision can provide lane assist, landmark display, millions of POIs, 3D street view, voice cues and turn-by-turn direction for you to reach your destination smoothly. By easily linking with your enabled mobile phone, this unit allows for hands-free calls and music streaming on the process of driving.This Ford Focus MK2 Radio is plug and play and the installation is quite easy.