With the improvement of the life, it’s easier for people to own a beloved car. And a comfortable car environment means a lot for both drivers and passengers, therefore, more and more car owners try to upgrade their factory radio to a new multifunctional one for more fun and enjoyment when they are in the car. If you want to install a new car radio on your own, then you must find out a correct installation guide for it. Please look at the picture below, it’s an amazing 2002-2008 Mercedes Benz E Class W211 head unit from Seicane, if you also have the same dashboard, you can read the following Mercedes Benz E Class W211 head unit installation guide carefully to help with the installation.
- Please disconnect the power before the installation.
- Please prepare unlock tools r before the removal and the installation.
- Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
2002-2008 Mercedes Benz E Class W211 head unit installation guide
- The original dashboard.
- Use a lever to release the decoration panel and remove the cigarette lighter.
- Remove two screws under the 6-disc CD changer and take out the CD changer.
- Remove the two screws marked with red arrows and pull out the CD player.
- Connect the cables in the package.
a.Connect with the power cable in the car.
b.Socket for the speaker cable plug in the car.
c.Connect CAN-H, CAN-L with CAN-BUS
- Remove the baffle-plate under the assistant driver seat, connect the CAN-H, CAN-L cable (green)③ with the CAN-BUS socket marked in the picture.
- Pry the decoration panel beside the driver’s seat, change fuse from 5A TO 10A.
- Remove the screws for fastening the car pc in the left of the trunk.
- 9.Find the amplifier in the left of the trunk and remove the four screws marked with red arrows.
- Remove the amplifier in the car.
- Connect the speaker cable with the speaker socket ②.
- Turn on the new Seicane radio to have a careful check if everything works well.
That’s the step-by-step installation instructions for a 2002-2008 Mercedes Benz E Class W211 head unit. If you have any questions during the whole process, you can ask your dealer or a professional for help. But if you think it too difficult to understand all the steps, it’ s strongly suggested you have it installed by a professional.
To have a successful upgrade, it’ s necessary for you to make sure you have a right head unit for your car. If you don’t have one, I’ d like to share an intelligent 2002-2008 Mercedes Benz E Class W211 head unit from Seicane with you, here’s the link, please click:
What makes this Mercedes Benz E Class W211 head unit popular is that it can support an optic fiber decoder. If your car comes with a fiber optic Harmon Kardon sound system, you can add an optic fiber decoder to keep your optic fiber Harmon Kardon sound system and all your original car’s speakers working after installation. The decoder is easy to install. And the sound quality is quite high after installation.
This Mercedes Benz E Class W211 head unit features with Bluetooth technology, you can get wireless media streaming from your phone or iPod to keep yourself and your passengers entertained all the time. Besides, hands-free calling can be available by utilizing the integrated microphone to make your driving safer. You can go anywhere with this latest GPS navigation system without getting lost any more.
Just enjoy your driving on all trips with this excellent Mercedes Benz E Class W211 head unit. Good luck to you.