Are you desired a modern multi-functional head unit to enjoy more convenience and pleasure on the way? If yes, then it’s time for you to upgrade your factory radio with an aftermarket head unit which can be compatible with a lot of new features. To make the installation easier, you can find a detailed installation guide to help you. Here I’d llike to share a step-by-step 1998-2006 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 car stereo nstallation guide with you for your reference. Wish it can be helpful for you.
Some tips before the installation:
1.Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2.Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3.Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
1998-2006 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 car stereo installation guide
- The original car radio.
- Remove your shifter boot.
- Remove the panel.
- Release the plastic tabs, then remove two screws behind the plastic cover.
- Remove the bottom plastic part.
- Unscrew the screw holding the plastic panel.
- Remove the plastic panel.
- Remove the screw at the bottom plastic panel.
- Unscrew the screw holding the bottom plastic panel.
10.Remove the bottom plastic panel.
- Turn the vent panel up.
- Remove the screws holding the vent panel.
- Take the vent panel out of the dashboard.
- Remove the panel covering the car original radio.
- Disconnect the connectors at the back of the panel.
- Remove the screws holding the original car radio.
- Gently take the original car radio out of the dashboard.
- Disconnect the connectors at the back of the original car radio.
- Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car stereo.
- Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car stereo.
- Connect the Seicane car stereo to your original car radio ‘s plugs.
- Put the new Seicane radio into the dash. Then turn on the new Seicane stereo to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
- Put everything into their original place.
Is it easy for you to understand all the installation steps for a 1998-2006 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 car stereo? If not, you can consult your dealer for any question. Please make sure you are clear about every step before you start to install. Besides, if you don’t have an ideal car stereo to replace your factory radio, you can refer to this intelligent 1998-2006 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 car stereo from Seicane. Please check it out for more details:
With this amazing 1998-2006 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 car stereo in your car, you can enjoy your favorite music from the playlist in your mobile phone via the bluetooth connection with your enabled cell phone. Besides, hands-free calls are available for you to keep both you and your passengers safe all the way. The GPS navigation system of high precision is helpful for you to get to a variety of locations on time.
Just maximize your driving fun with this wonderful Mercedes Benz G Class W463 car stereo with you all the time outside! Good luck to you!