Upgrading the factory radio is what most car owners will do if they find it can’t satisfy them any more. Some of them may upgrade some features in the factory radio, while some of them may replace the whole factory radio with a new aftermarket head unit. No matter which way to take, you need to remove the factory radio and install what you need. Here I’d like to introduce the detailed installation on a Seicane 2004-2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 R171 head unit. If you also have the same dashboard as follows, this article is great for you.
Precautions for this installation:
1.Before you start up any work, park your car well and unplug the negative power cable to avoid any danger.
2.Please make sure that all fastened wires are isolated with electrical tape.
3.Please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
2004-2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 R171 head unit installation guide
- Open the little box beneath the radio and remove the screws with a screwdriver.
- Pry the trim panel on the right side of the box with a removal tool, after that, remove it.
- Remove the screw with a screwdriver.
- Pry the leather surrounding the brake, then pull it up, at last, remove it.
- Remove the trim panel under the brake with your hands.
- Disconnect the connectors behind the trim.
- Take the box out of the dashboard.
- Disconnect the connectors behind the box.
- Remove the trim panel on the box with your hands.
10.Disconnect the connectors at the back of the trim panel.
- Remove two screwdrivers inside the trim panel.
12.Take another box under the radio with your hands.
- Disconnect all the connectors at the back of the box.
- Remove two screws after taking away the box with a screwdriver.
- Pop out the disc player.
- Remove the screws at both sides of the disc player.
- Take the disc player out of the dashboard.
- Remove two screws holding the radio with a screwdriver.
- Take the radio out of the dashboard.
- Disconnect all the connectors at the back of the radio.
- Connect the connectors and cables to the new Seicane head unit as the user manual shows.
- Put the new Seicane head unit into the dashboard and turn it on to have a comprehensive check.
- If everything works well, then install all the screws, boxes and trim panels accordingly into their original places. If not, check carefully whether all the cables are connected or not.
That’s all the detailed installation guide for a Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 R171 head unit. Wish it can be helpful for you. Please make sure you are clear about every step before the installation. If you find it too hard to understand all the steps, please ask a professional for help.
In addition, you need to make sure your new head unit can fit your car, so that it can work well and be installed perfectly. If you are still looking for one, I’d like to recommend an ideal Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 R171 head unit from Seicane to you, it comes with many up-to-date features for you to upgrade your factory radio. Here’s the link:
This Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 R171 head unit comes with a large 7 inch HD 1024*600 multi-touch screen to operate the navigation. You won’t get lost even if you travel around the country when you utilize its most accurate GPS navigation system. The Bluetooth technology allows you to wirelessly pair with your mobile phone to make and receive hands-free calls and stream music.
What’s more, an optic fiber decoder can also be supported by this Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 R171 head unit. After installing a decoder in your car, your factory car’s optic fiber and all the speakers still to work after installing this radio. The decoder is just plug and play and easy to install. And high quality sound is available for you after installation.
Having a relaxing and amazing journey in your car, this Seicane Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 R171 head unit is just your best choice. Take it and go right now!
http://buystromectolon.com/ – where can i buy stromectol in the usa
I’m still learning from you, as I’m trying to achieve my goals. I absolutely love reading all that is posted on your blog.Keep the aarticles coming. I enjoyed it!
thank you! have a good day!