To remove the factory radio and install a new one may require some professional knowledge, but it turns out that some car owners with some related installation experience can also achieve the installation on their own. If you also want to have a try, it’s suggested you find a step-by-step installation guide to help you. Now I’d like to share a 2006-2013 Skoda Praktik head unit installation guide from Seicane for your reference.
Before and during installation, you should notice:
1.Before connecting, please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
2.Ensure connect the yellow and red power cable at last.
3.Ensure that all loose wires are isolated with electrical tape
4.Ensure don’t tangle the wire when tighten the moving parts(Such as seat rails).
5.Ensure that all ground is connected to the same place.
6.Using the improper fuse may cause damage of fire, so when replace the fuse, please consult the professional.
7.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2006-2013 Skoda Praktik head unit installation guide
1. Remove the top panel with a lever.
2. Disconnect the connector at the back of the panel.
3. Unscrew the screw with a screwdriver.
4. Remove the metal sheet on the top with your hands.
5. Unscrew two screws circled in red shown as follows under the metal sheet.
6. Remove the air conditioner vent with your hands.
7. Unscrew two screws under the vent with a screwdriver.
8. Remove the panel on the original car radio.
9. Unscrew four screws holding the original car radio with a screwdriver.
10. Take the original car radio out of the dash.
11. Disconnect all the connectors at the back of the original car radio.
12. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane head unit.
13. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane head unit.
14. Connect the Seicane head unit to your original car radio ‘s plugs.
15. Turn on the new Seicane head unit to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
16. Put the new Seicane head unit into the dash.
17. Put everything into their original place.
Wish the 2006-2013 Skoda Praktik head unit installation above can be helpful you. If you have any question, it’s suggested you turn to your dealer for help. If you don’t have any experience on the installation, you’d better have it installed by a professional. Besides, you need to confirm your new stereo can be suitable for your car. To check the compatibility, you are welcome to click the link below which is about a top 2006-2013 Skoda Praktik head unit from Seicane.
As a new modern multimedia unit, this 2006-2013 Skoda Praktik head unit comes with not only navigation system and bluetooth functionality, but also a massive entertainment features to make your journey be filled with fun and joy. With many designable elements, you are also able to DIY the background, the menu icons and the button backlight to match your mood. Wish you like it and have a great time from now on!