To install a new car stereo in your car, you can go to a car stereo upgrade center or ask a professional for help. On the other hand, if you have some installation experience and want to save some money on the installation, then you can install it on your own with the help of correct installation guide. This passage is a step-by-step installation guide about a 1998-2005 Mercedes Benz CL W215 car stereo from Seicane. If your dashboard is the same as that shown in the below picture, then you can refer to this instruction to help with your installation.
Some tips before the installation:
- Please disconnect the power before the installation.
- Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
- Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
1998-2005 Mercedes Benz CL W215 car stereo installation guide
- The original CD player.
2 Set the parking brake and shift to a lower gear to allow the brake disc to open up.
3.Remove one screw on the right of the brake disc. Then remove the other screw on the left in the same way. After that, pull out the brake disc.
- Pry the edges of the panel along the sides with a lever, and remove the panel.
- Remove four screws holding the original radio in the dashboard with a screwdriver.
- Take the original radio out of the dashboard.
- Disconnect the connector at the back of the original radio.
- Connect the connector to the new Seicane stereo.
- Connect cables of the new Seicane stereo as the user manual shows. If you are not clear about that, you can also refer to a wiring diagram which can be got from your dealer.
- Turn on the new Seicane stereo to carefully check if everything works well.
- Put the new Seicane stereo back into the dashboard.
- Install all screws and the panel into their original place. And put back the brake disc.
Can you understand all these steps for the installation of a 1998-2005 Mercedes Benz CL W215 car stereo? If not, please don’t hesitate to ask your dealer for help. You can also ask a professional to help with the installation. Besides, you need to make sure that your new stereo can be compatible with your car. If you don’t have one, you can refer to this modern 1998-2005 Mercedes Benz CL W215 car stereo from Seicane, please check out with the following link:
This top Mercedes Benz CL W215 car stereo comes with a large 7 inch digital multi-touch screen makes the operation easier and offers a crystal clear display to you to watch various kinds of videos when you are outsides. You can utilize the bluetooth technology to wirelessly sync with your enabled mobile phone for hands-free calls and streaming music to ensure safety and pleasure. Take this amazing GPS navigation system as your road companion, you can go anywhere you’d like without getting lost any longer.