Having a multifunctional GPS navigation system integrated with a DVD player in your vehicle which can play all kinds of DVDs, TV programs, music videos, movies, Ipod and other entertainment types, really sounds amazing, doesn’t it? If you are tired of the single function featured in your factory radio, it’s time for you to replace with a modern Jeep Grand Cherokee head unit with GPS navigation system, bluetooth, DVD player, TV, FM/AM radio, wifi, USB, SD, etc.
If you decide to replace your factory radio, you may go to a car store to pick a right head unit and install it in your vehicle. The installation of a new head unit requires professional installation. Some car owners may install it if they have the correct instructions with their previous experience. However, if you haven’t install a new head unit before, it is highly suggested that you go to a car head unit shop to have it installed or do it under the guidance of a professional technician.
Some tips before installation:
- Park your car well.
- For safety, please disconnect negative cable before you begin to work.
- Prepare tools which will be used in the process.
Here’s the detailed instructions of the installation of a 2008-2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee head unit:
- Pry the trim panel with a removal tool.
- Remove the trim panel and unplug antennas between panel and car.
- Remove 4 screws with 2 screws on each side.
- Gently take out factory stereo and push cables off it.
- Connect cables to the new head unit step by step as next pictures show or as the user manual shows.
- Tidy the wires and put the new head unit into the dash.
- Turn on the new unit to conduct a comprehensive check if everything works well.
- Install 4 screws into their original place.
- Install the trim panel.
The above is the step-by-step procedure of installing a 2008-2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee head unit. Before you go to install it, you’d better check if you have a correct unit, or a wrong head unit can’t be installed in your vehicle and maybe won’t work after installation. The following is an ideal aftermarket car stereo from Seicane to replace the factory radio in 2008-2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
With built-in GPS navigation and 6.2 inch digital 800*480 multi-touch screen, this car stereo for 2008-2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee can support steering wheel control after installation. You can connect iPod, USB, SD to make it a multi-media entertainment system to enjoy lots of fun during a long trip. The GPS navigation system of high precision provides the most accurate direction as well as voice prompts for you to get to your desired destination. The bluetooth technology for hand-free calls and streaming music is also supported to ensure your security and keep both you and your passengers in a good mood during the whole journey. Take this unit with you to have a different driving life in the future!