For car owners of Mercedes-Benz R class W251, to make the in-car life more comfortable and convenient, most of them probably choose to upgrade their factory radio with a new aftermarket Mercedes-Benz R class W251 radio with high configurations and comprehensive features.
Some of car owners may think that buying a car radio is a job can be done by themselves, while installing a car radio should be finished by a professional. In fact, to install a car radio is not too difficult, which can probably be done by car owners themselves under the correct instructions. However, if you are a total green hand on the installation of car accessories, you’d better do it under the help of a professional technician or have the new car radio installed directly. The following is the detailed instructions on the installation of a 2006-2012 Mercedes-Benz R class W251 radio. If you are going to install your new radio by yourself, you can take it as a helpful reference.
Some tips before the installation:
- Please disconnect the power before the installation.
- Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
- Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
The below is the step-by-step instruction on how to install a 2006-2012 Mercedes-Benz R class W251 radio:
- Pry out the air conditioner panel along gap with a lever.
- Remove the air conditioner panel.
- Remove two screws holding the stereo in the dashboard frame with a screwdriver.
- Pull the buckles down.
- Carefully take the original CD player out of the dashboard.
- Disconnect the ISO plug of the car in the socket of the DVD player.
- Connect the cables of the new Seicane radio as the user manual shows.
- Connect the ISO plug.
- Put the new Seicane radio back into the dash.
- Put the buckles back into its original place.
- Install two screws and the air conditioner panel.
- Turn on the new Seicane radio and have a comprehensive test if everything works well.
Some questions may occur to you during the whole process, and it’s suggested you turn to a professional or your dealer for help. To make your upgrading successful, the first and foremost thing is that you need to have a car radio which can fit your car and be installed without any gap. If you haven’t had one yet, you are recommended to click the following car radio from Seicane which is an ideal car radio for 2006-2012 Mercedes-Benz R class W251.
This 2006-2012 Mercedes-Benz R class W251 radio is equipped with the newest operation system Android 4.4.4 which is sure to greatly smooth the operation and a powerful RK3066 1.6GHz Cortex A9 Dual-core processor which can facilitate the performance at the same time.
There are a wide range of features in this up-to-date radio, including GPS navigation system, Bluetooth connectivity, DVD player, FM/AM radio, RDS, wifi, USB and SD card connection, etc. A number of optional features can be all supported, like digital TV, DVR, OBDⅡ, 3g module, rearview camera and mirror link.
It can support almost all the popular multimedia formats, such as DVD/VCD/CD/MP4/AVI/MP3/WMA/JPG/BMP, etc. Besides, it can support HD 1080p video playback. Therefore, you can enjoy your favorite videos in your car with brilliant display effect.
If your car comes with an optic fiber, this car radio might be the best choice for you, because it can support an optic fiber decoder. After installation of the decoder, your original car’s optic fiber and all your original car’s speakers can all work. And the installation of the decoder is quite easy. The instructions of the installation will come with it to help you. Most importantly, the sound quality is still very high after installation.
This intelligent Mercedes-Benz R class W251 radio is absolutely worth your upgrading with a competitive price now. Just take it and install!