Want to get the detailed instruction to help with the car radio installation? Then this article is what you need. Please look at the image below, it’s a modern 2001-2008 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 radio from Seicane, if you have the similar or the exactly same dashboard, then you can read this passage carefully for the reference about the installation. It’s not so difficult, but if it’s the first time for you to install a radio, it’ s suggested you ask a professional for help.
- Please disconnect the power before the installation.
- Please prepare unlock tools r before the removal and the installation.
- Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
2001-2008 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 radio installation guide
- The original dashboard.
- Use a lever to release the decoration panel and remove the cigarette lighter.
- Remove two screws under the 6-disc CD changer and take out the CD changer.
- Remove the two screws marked with red arrows and pull out the CD player.
- Connect the cables in the package.
a.Connect with the power cable in the car.
b.Socket for the speaker cable plug in the car.
c.Connect CAN-H, CAN-L with CAN-BUS
- Remove the baffle-plate under the assistant driver seat, connect the CAN-H, CAN-L cable (green)③ with the CAN-BUS socket marked in the picture.
- Pry the decoration panel beside the driver’s seat, change fuse from 5A TO 10A.
- Remove the screws for fastening the car pc in the left of the trunk.
- Find the amplifier in the left of the trunk and remove the four screws marked with red arrows.
- Remove the amplifier in the car.
- Connect the speaker cable with the speaker socket ②.
- Turn on the new Seicane radio to have a careful check if everything works well.
That’s all the installation guide for a 2001-2008 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 radio. Wish it can be helpful for you. If you have any questions, you can turn to your dealer or a professional for help. However, if you find it too hard for you to finish it on your own, it’s suggested you ask a professional to have it installed.
A right car radio is essential for a successful upgrade. Therefore, you need to check if your new radio can fit your car before the installation. If you don’t have one, I’d like to share a wonderful 2001-2008 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 radio from Seicane with you, it’s the best choice for you with its multiple practical features. Please click:
One of the greatest advantages of this Mercedes Benz G Class W463 radio is that it can support an optic fiber decoder which can allow your factory car’s optic fiber and all the speakers still to work after installing this radio. And the sound quality is quite high. It’s easy to install this decoder.
With a large 7 inch 1024*600 touch screen to facilitate the operation, this Mercedes Benz G Class W463 radio is a fantastic replacement for you to upgrade your factory radio. The configurations for this Volkswagen New Bora car stereo have been upgraded, including 3D GPS navigation, Bluetooth technology, DVD, CD,VCD multimedia player, iPod, WIFI, etc. You are also enabled to connect with a rearview camera to help you park your car easily.
With such an amazing Mercedes Benz G Class W463 radio in your car, a journey with safety and pleasure will be always with you! Good luck!