Do you find your factory radio can’t meet all the needs of a car radio? If yes, then you can easily replace it with a new aftermarket car stereo. To install this new stereo in your car, you can find a step-by-step installation guide to help you. Here I’d like to share a step-by-step 2002-2007 Dodge Dakota P/U car stereo installation guide from Seicane with you. You can take it as a reference to help with the installation.
Some tips before the installation:
- Please disconnect the power before the installation.
- Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
- Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
- For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2002-2007 Dodge Dakota P/U car stereo installation steps
1.Loosen the trim panel with a lever.
2.Take the panel off the dash and disconnect the wires from the car.
3.Remove the four screws which are holding the unit with a screwdriver.
4.Take out the unit and disconnect the wire harness at the back of the unit.
5.Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car stereo.
6. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car stereo.
7. Connect the Seicane car stereo to your original car radio ‘s plugs.
8.Put the new Seicane car stereo into the dash.
9.Turn on the new Seicane car stereo to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
10.Put trim panel back on your new Seicane car stereo after the normal test.
That’s all the installation instruction for a 2002-2007 Dodge Dakota P/U car stereo in particular. If you have any question, you can turn to your dealer for help. If it’s the first time for you to install a new unit in your car, you’d better ask a professional for help. If you don’t get an ideal head unit, I’d like to recommend an ideal 2002-2007 Dodge Dakota P/U car stereo from Seicane to you. For more details, you are welcome to check it out with the following link:
This 2002-2007 Dodge Dakota P/U car stereo can function as a remarkable DVD player to support a number of formats like DVD/DVD-R/DVD±RW/HDCD/CD-R/CD±RW/MP3/MP4/Picture CD/VCD/WMA, etc, you can play whatever compatible disk to entertain in your car. A digital TV can also be added as an option to watch live TV shows. To make your parking easier, you can also optionally add a rearview camera for the clear parking image on the big screen. Good luck to you!